Why should I give locally?
Giving to United Way of Hamblen County is the most powerful way to give back to your LOCAL community because…
- a gift to United Way improves the lives of many people through Our Partner Agencies. Your money stays in your own backyard. Donations to United Way support local people: children, adults, families, and seniors. While you might have some idea of what people in another nation need, you probably have a much better idea of what people in your neighborhood need.
- our youth thrive on opportunity! We support agencies that support growth and opportunity whether it’s temporary or long-term housing, early childhood education, the Arts, educational & social activities during after-school and extended school breaks, mentoring and lifeskills, programs specifically for girls, or programs for families seeking cultural support and English or Spanish language classes.
- it helps build an even stronger community. Stronger communities seek to improve the lives and futures of their residents by encouraging everyone to become the best versions of themselves.
- people right here in our county have needs, too. Through the individual and collective purposes of Our Partner Agencies, a bridge of support is created to help others cross streams of troubles — ultimately encouraged, guided, and taught how to support themselves. This is the most self-sustaining solution to issues such as food or housing insecurity, substance misuse and addiction recovery, homelessness, financial and emotional management, and unmanaged healthcare needs.
How can I give?
- One-time or Recurring donation by cash, check, PayPal, ACH, or stock donation through your broker or trust.
- Mailing Address: United Way of Hamblen County, P.O Box 1794, Morristown, TN 37816
- Contact us by phone or email to make your pledge and billing arrangements: 423-581-8601 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pledge now, Pay Later: direct billing by mail (monthly, quarterly, or annually)
- Payroll Deduction
Let’s WORK Together
Companies throughout the county partner with us because they understand that a donation to United Way of Hamblen County makes ripples right here in our community. For more information about how to get your company involved with United Way of Hamblen County, give us a call at 423-581-8601 or submit a brief information request form
We honor how you wish for your donation to be distributed among the 22 agencies we support. To designate for specific Agencies to receive your donation, please contact us by phone or email: 423-581-8601 or email@example.com. For reference, please review Our Partner Agencies.
The Larry Whalen Leadership Circle of Giving is comprised of individuals and families who recognize the importance of giving generously to those who will not be able to repay them. Established in 1987 with 20 members, the total number of those who have committed to annual leadership-level giving ($1,000+) has bloomed to 283 members, and their total gifts for 2022 exceeded $603,955.
You are invited to join these who show their care for our community by deciding that the best way to help the most people is through being leadership givers. A contribution of $1,000 or more qualifies donors for membership. Gifts may be paid through Payroll Deduction or Direct Billing (monthly, quarterly, or annually), and stock donation to United Way of Hamblen County through your broker.
Participating in The Circle of Giving encourages increased leadership support by setting an example for others who have the ability to give back to their community. Suggested leadership gifts, at a minimum of 2-3% of gross annual income, reflect the community standard to which many have committed.